Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Girly Card with a Spring Feel

This design is inspired by the sketch over at Sketch Saturday. I had planned to make an Easter themed card with this image, but changes happened during the making process (as is often the case), so it turned out a bit different, but I think it has a spring feel to it, with the blue colors and the barefoot girl.

I used DPs from Maja Design to make this card, some light blue paper for the scalloped border and clouds, and a piece of kraft to make the frame.
I used 4 different sets of dies: Memory Box cloud dies and birds dies, a Magnolia die for the scalloped border and Sizzix dies for the rounded tag shapes.
I machine stitched around the edges of the card base with silver thread and I also added some pearls to the border. I didn't put a sentiment on as I would like the keep my options open.

This card is for these challenges:
1) Sketch Saturday - #249 Sketch
2) Di's Digis Designs - All about Children
3) Delicious Doodles - Use Die Cuts
4) 4 Crafty Chicks - #132 Die for Dies
5) The Squirrel and The Fox - #39 Autumn or Spring (Spring)
6) Make it Monday - Anything Goes

22 comments:

Laine said...

So very pretty Pia. Love your use of colour and tone. Wonderful design.
Laine
xx

chrissy xx said...

Awhh! What a sweet image this is Pia....FABulous colours and I LOve your pearls and these super clouds {Now on Wish List lol} It's GORgeous.
Chrissyxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Pia. I love the sweet image and beautiful soft shades of blue
Sue xx

cotnob said...

This is really pretty Pia, such a delightful image and lovely pastel blue papers, great take on the sketch.
Pauline
x

Patricia St Martin said...

Pia, A darling card! Love all the extra touches you added the silver stitching, pearls and the clouds add a warm touch. Your image is just stunning and love your soft coloring.
Hugs, Patricia

Crafty Lark said...

Beautiful gentle card, delightful. xx Flora

Sue B said...

Aww this is beautiful Pia… what a sweet image and the soft colouring is perfect! Love the papers and the gorgeous border with the pearls… and the clouds give it a lovely Springlike feel !! :-))
Hope you are having a good weekend!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Allison said...

such a pretty card
thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles
Allison

Unknown said...

Gorgeous image and colours are fresh and pretty. love the row of pearls and the arched frame around your image...luv this card.xx

Chrissy said...

What a gorgeous card Pia, love these sweet images, gorgeous colouring,love the pearl trim, so very pretty and I need that bird die..I really do need it..lol..they are so cute, will be great for scenes...memory box eh!!...will have to surf the net..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Peanut said...

How pretty is this card! The image is adorable and I love that you kept the background simple.Love everything about it.

loz said...

Gorgeous card and Beautiful colors Pia..
Visited from MIM..Loz

Lau W said...

Oh love all the dies ! The birds are really cute ! This is a wonderful card Pia !
xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is adorable Pia. Love the papers and your dome background is great. Love the colour palette too.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

NanaConnie said...

Such a sweet card, Pia! Wonderful paper choices. I'm so glad that you played along and thanks for entering our "Die Cuts" challenge at Delicious Doodles this week. Good luck in the draw and I hope we'll see your work again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our dies challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Tamie said...

Clean, simple and just plan old adorable. I love the image and the way you used the dies. Just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Unknown said...

Oh I love this image and you have made such a beautiful card - Thanks so much for playing along at Di's digis this week xx

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries is #214.

I would love to have you visit my blog,  My Art... Healing The Soul and become a follower.

Hugs,

Julia

Elena V. said...

it's so sweet!! i love the clods! Visiting you from MIM.

Skye said...

Very pretty and dainty. Love the image, colours and the pearl trim. Your sewing really add a lot of style to your card

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Love the window effect and your placement of the clouds.

Lisa