Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fairy Birthday Card

This card is made of colors inspired by the photo over at HoC. I think I've covered all the colors except for the peach one. I've used Spellbinders Nestabilities Timeless Rectangles and Opulent Ovals dies. The fairy image is made with a stamp from Lost Coast Designs. I've used a stamp from the same company on the large oval, heat embossed with white embossing powder. The crown on the fairy's head is made with a stamp from 7gypsies. I used Dusty Concord Distress Ink for the stamping, and I added Star Dust Stickles to the crown and the wings.
The purple DP with spots is from Lily Bee Design, and the lavender one I found in my pile of scraps. As for embellishments I've used 4 light blue pearls and a fabric flower from Panduro. The sentiment in Norwegian (meaning both happy birthday and congratulations) is made with a die from KaBoks. I cut it out in both silver mirri card and a dark shade of purple for a shadow effect.

This card is for these challenges: 
1) House of Cards - Colors + Shabby & Vintage
2) Crafter's Cafe - #30 Diecuts/Punches
3) LEJ Designs  - #72Lots of Layers
4) Sweet Stampin - Things with Wings
5) Crafty Cardmakers - Winged Things
6) Make it Monday - Anything Goes
 


23 comments:

Peanut said...

Ooooooh! This truly is a vintage beauty, Pia. Love the shape ( MUST have those dies!!!) and the image is just adorable. That little floral embellishment adds to the WOW factor.... WOW!!!
xxx Asha Sunny Summer Crafts

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Pia, love the vintge Fairy, she is just lovely, fabulous card shape using your dies..very pretty.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Pia.. what a wonderful image - she's very sweet! I love the fab nesties - they are very pretty… and the flower and pearls finish the card off beautifully! :-)
Hope you have a lovely weekend !
Big hugs
Sue xx

Rocky said...

This is a beautiful card, the colours are perfect for HOC and the little additions really make your fairy sparkle. Thank you for joining us at HOC.

Tammy said...

Stunning card Pia, I love all of your gorgeous dies!! Thanks for joining us at HOC this week!
Tammy

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card Pia. I love the image and the way you have used the colours is wonderful. The shape works so well with the design.
Sue xx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Pia, I love your die cut frames and lovely image - such pretty purples.
Pauline
x

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful!
This has such a fabulous vintage, old world type charm. The little fairy is a beauty and the way you have layered the dies is gorgeous!

Skye said...

Another gorgeous card. You are definitely going from strength to strength. Congratulations on your successes
I am sorry I haven't been able to comment lately.

Unknown said...

WOW factor of a card, the image, gorgeous die frame and sweet lace flower...beautiful vintage card.

Unknown said...

Beautiful vintage creation. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Sweet Stampin, good luck with the challenge. Hugz Suzanne DT

Marlies said...

A gorgeous vintage card! I love the dies you used, very elegant. The image is so sweet and the lace flower is a perfect fit for this. Beautiful made. Marlies

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous vintage and lovely colour and delicate too
Hugs Kate xx

Paper Profusion said...

Oh wow Pia! How FAB-U-LOUS! Gorgeous design - love that stamp and your 'fussy cutting' is superbly even.

(I find that oval die very tricky with edges frequently ending up ripped when I use - do you have difficulty with it?)

Happy Sunday! Nicola x

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the vintage feel to this shaped card .Beautiful image .
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so pretty. Love the gorgeous shape and colours. That stamp is awesome too.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Wendy said...

What a beautiful card Pia! That little girl stamp is so sweet. xxx

chrissy xx said...

A little girl from years gone by!
FABulous colours Pia and I LOve your dies.
Chrissyxx
LOve your photo too! I can now see you lolx

karen said...

Beautiful frame to set off such a gorgeous image, wonderful card hugs, Karenx

Mynn xx said...

This is just lovely! The vintage image is fabulous and I adore the lace flower!!! Thanks for joining us at HOC!!! :) Mynn xx

rudlis said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at HOC.

Jacquel said...

How very elegant! Love the colors, image...everything about it! Nicely done my friend & TFS!!!

Yvonne Garner said...

One of my favorite images! You have framed her beautifully Pia! Bravo!